A holistic approach to improving infant sleep without the use of any sleep training.
At Isla-Grace, we support clients using the Baby-Led Sleep™ Approach.
We created the Baby-Led Sleep™ approach to place an emphasis on a mother's intuition, and to put to rest the idea that following one's instincts and a good night's sleep cannot go hand-in-hand.
With a desire to help families improve their sleep without resorting to sleep training, we have developed a program that:
- respects and nurtures the attachment system;
- supports the natural progression of development;
- gives parents an understanding of what “normal” baby sleep looks like;
- appreciates your baby’s still-developing brain and dominant survival impulse;
- encourages parents to believe and to follow their own instincts; and
- empowers a mother to make changes to improve the quality of her baby’s sleep.
Our approach will help you:
- understand realistic, age-appropriate expectations about sleep;
- learn about yourself as a parent and your impact on your baby’s sleep;
- be a responsive parent by listening to your child’s cues and dealing with them respectfully while supporting any distress, in an effort to build and nurture trust;
- create a safe sleep space;
- appreciate the emotional work required to support sleep, understand what causes sleep interruptions, and how sleep actually works; and
- use the tools that encourage better sleep for your baby, as well as help you gain control over the conditions that affect good sleep, such as your own behaviour, nutrition, environmental factors, routines, time, and “village” of support.
Sleep coaching services and workshops to meet the needs of each unique family. We work with families to CO-CREATE a custom sleep plan that keeps the pieces of your nighttime parenting that you love, and gently removes the pieces that are no longer working for you.
We take our job very seriously and believe that in order to get to the root of your baby's sleep problem, we must know about a lot more than sleep. Our founder, Lauren Heffernan has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Education
- Breastfeeding Program
- Certified Infant and Child Sleep Consultant
- Certified Sleep Educator
Sleep Without Sleep Training
Yes... you read that correctly. We support families to get sleep WITHOUT using any form of sleep training or emotional isolation. We want your baby to sleep because her needs have been met, not because she has learned you are not coming.
“Lauren is a caring professional who is continually growing herself and her business in ways that will best service families. Her newest campaign is a beautiful testament to her passion and integrity. I highly endorse Lauren!”